No matter where you live in the world, we rely on the rainforests far more than most people realize. From food and medicine to climate control, the Amazon rainforest - in particular - provides the planet and its inhabitants with sustenance and life in so many important ways. The products from the Amazon rainforest can be used for household goods, important medical treatments, and so much more! In fact the Amazon is source to 25% of all western pharmaceuticals, many which treat some of today’s top ailments, such as cancer.
Perhaps the most under-the-radar bounty from the Amazon is rainforest beauty products and cosmetics made from wildly potent rainforest ingredients. This area of the world produces some of the best natural anti-aging ingredients... all chemical-, additive- and cruelty-free! Most importantly, the wild harvesting of these ingredients help to create economically viable local communities, which ensures the forest is worth more standing than it is cut. Amazon rainforest essential oils, butters, clays and other ingredients offer some extremely effective and nourishing natural anti-aging properties when crafted in your skin, hair and wellness routines.
Teadora hair and skincare products are crafted with many of the natural and organic anti-aging ingredients found in the Amazon rainforest and pay homage to ancient beauty secrets shared with our founder that were carried from generation to generation:
- Açaí protects skin from stress, reduces the appearance of fine lines, and contains a rare form of Vitamin C that helps revitalize the skin and promote skin cell rejuvenation. It is one of the richest in free-radical fighting antioxidants among all other fruits.
- Amazonian White Clay improves skin firmness and elasticity, reduces the appearance of pores and promotes better skin texture and clarity - Amazonian white clay is known as one of the most perfect natural beauty ingredients for its ability to remove oiliness and dryness simultaneously for a flawless look.
- Andiroba reduces the appearance of fine lines, conditions skin and boosts collagen production to promote plump, glowing and youthful skin.
- Babassu Oil reduces moisture loss in skin, helps restore skin’s protective barrier, and nourishes with essential fatty acids. Its high fatty acid content provides a better, less comedogenic alternative to coconut oil.
- Brazil Nut Oil is used to treat and nourish aging or dry skin with powerful moisture, vitamins, antioxidants and fatty acids. It is a natural and vegan source to squaline.
- Brazilian Red Kaolin Clay is used in our RAW DIY mask set designed for mature skin, and has been clinically tested to increase skin firmness by 34% and skin elasticity by 174%. It provides a lifting effect and helps treat and repair the effects of natural aging.
- Buriti Oil helps to improve the elasticity of the skin and supports UV protection to reduce skin damage and hyperpigmentation, while nourishing with Vitamin A and beta-carotene. It is richer in vitamin A than any other fruits and vegetables and has a higher beta-carotene content than carrots. Due to its higher concentration of Vitamin A and tocopherols it is known to be more rejuvenating than Argan oil.
- Copaiba Oil this Brazilian king of essential oils is rich in beta-caryophyllene, same substance found in CDB oil, it has a lot of the same properties. Known as the most anti-inflammatory substance on earth it is great for blemish prone skin, helping to reduce redness, as well as the appearance of other skin imperfections, and when used orally its also known to help promote upper respiratory and cardiovascular health, stress relief, etc.
- Cupuaçu Butter is one of the most powerful natural moisturizers, and helps maintain the elasticity of the skin and enriches with Vitamins A, B1, B3 and C. 2x More Moisturizing than shea butter.
- Guaraná is high in natural caffeine content, providing natural anti-aging and toning properties to help treat stretch marks other imperfections.
- Murumuru Butter restores the skin’s protective barrier and reduces moisture loss to soothe and treat the skin with its high contents of essential fatty acids.
- Maracujá is known as the ‘pure miracle’ ingredient in Brazil, providing enriching antioxidants, essential fatty acids, nutrients and Vitamin C to help repair and moisturize the skin.
- Pitanga effectively reduces fine lines and blemishes to combat the appearance of aging, and nourishes the skin with antioxidants, essential oils and vitamins.
- Last but not least, Pracaxi, which we use in our Dual Superfruit Power Oil, is rich in Behenic Acid and Omegas 6 and 9. It helps to rejuvenate and promote balanced collagen production to help heal wounds and reduce fine lines and scarring, helps reduce hyperpigmentation, helps to reduces the appearance of stretch marks.
At TEADORA, we combine anywhere from 3-11 different superfruit extracts, oils, butters, clays into proprietary elixirs so you can get all of the different vitamins, antioxidants and fatty acids within a single product, we call it a multivitamin approach to formulation. We also offer a minimalist skincare collection, RAW, which is focused on single or dual ingredients that can be used individually as your favorite oils, toners, clays, scrub or combined to make your own customized DIY mask.
Enjoy the best natural anti-aging ingredients from the Amazon rainforest in all Teadora products, from our much-loved Beauty Butter and Multi-Tasking Superfruit Oil, to 100% Copaiba Oil or 100% pure Brazilian Red Clay Mask.
Love yourself, find your joy, share your passion.