Glossy hair is healthy hair! Not only is shiny hair attractive on its own, the gloss reflects light and makes your face glow and appear more radiant. Most of us human beings, despite gender, would love to have shinier hair, and this 5-step regimen will help to make that happen.
Before we launch into the shiny hair regimen, it’s important to remember that health generates from the inside, out, and the same goes for healthy hair. Your locks are composed of 25% water, so hydration is important for shiny, healthy hair. Do your best to drink 8 glasses of water per day to stay optimally hydrated. In addition, make sure your diet includes foods that are rich in Vitamin B, omega-3 fatty acids and proteins as well. These nutrients help promote healthy hair and contribute to shine.
Now, here’s that hair care regimen for shiny hair...
- Don’t Skip the Shampoo. There’s been a rumor floating around that frequent shampooing (i.e. daily) will rob your hair of the natural oils that contribute to shine. That’s not true; in fact, you just need to find the right kind of ‘poo for your particular ‘do (fine, medium, or coarse hair).
- Moisturize with Oil. In the world of skin and hair care, oily isn’t the same as greasy. Natural oils such as andiroba and buriti are highly moisturizing and strengthening, nourishing your hair from follicle to tip.
- Take a Cool Blast. Heat is one of the most common causes of hair damage, from hot showers to heat treatments like blow drying and curling irons. Beat the heat with a cool rinse after shampooing - five seconds is all it takes - and give your hair a cool blast during blow-out, if your dryer has that feature.
- Deep-Conditioning Treatment. Do a weekly or monthly hair mask or deep-conditioning treatment to amplify the health and shine of your hair. Massage a quarter-size dollop of one of those all-natural Amazonian oils into your hair, starting at the ends. Avoid the roots - the nutrients will naturally soak in.
- Boost that Shine. This step is optional, but increases the shine of hair while creating a protective barrier that closes hair cuticles and overlays each strand of hair, keeping color molecules in your hair so that color lasts longer as well.
Teadora’s Miracle Shampoo and Conditioner are packed with essential antioxidants, vitamins and fatty acids to nourish your hair with the very nutrients you should be consuming to promote healthy hair. What’s more, they contain some enriching oils and butters for optimal moisturization including coconut oil, buriti oil, and cupuaçu butter, which is proven to be more moisturizing than lenolin or shea butter. If you need a hair oil option, try our Brazilian Glow™ Multi-tasking Superfruit Oil, which is the only oil you need for skin, hair, nails.
Love yourself, find your joy, share your passion.