Buriti oil has some wonderful, diverse benefits for the skin and hair. It’s a head-to-toe moisturizer first and foremost, but also contains some important vitamins and minerals that enable it to provide additional benefits and treatment properties.
The buriti fruit grows in the tropical region of the Amazon, and is produced for food as well as cold pressed into a rich emollient oil. Buriti oil is made from the bright yellow-orange fruit inside a textured and shiny dark brown husk that looks like a hybrid of a pinecone and a chestnut.
Although it has been used for food and health for centuries by Brazilians and other Amazonian cultures, the oil has recently become more well known outside the Amazon for containing the richest natural source of beta-carotene. This pigment causes the buriti fruit’s vibrant color, and gets converted into the essential Vitamin A, which we need for healthy cell membranes.
Buriti oil is also rich in vitamin E and unsaturated fatty acids. Its nutrient content, in addition to its effectiveness as an antioxidant, make it highly beneficial at protecting and strengthening both hair and skin when used in care regimens. It’s high vitamin E content makes this oil, not only a great alternative for Argan, but it beats the beloved oil in overall rejuvenating properties.
Benefits of Buriti Oil for Hair Care
Buriti oil is a great ingredient to add to your daily hair care regimen, whether you’re adding it to your shampoo or conditioner, rubbing a couple drops directly into your scalp, or using it for a heat treatment. Not only does it deeply nourish and moisturize your hair and scalp, it helps protect your hair from external environmental stressors. Buriti oil also...
- Strengthens hair cells to reduce breakage and split ends and add natural shine
- Defends against free radicals to protect hair from sun damage and pollution
- Protects the lipid membranes around hair cells to enhance cell longevity
- Promotes healthy hair growth
- Prevents scalp conditions such as eczema and psoriasis
Benefits of Buriti Oil for Skin Care
Your skin is your body’s largest organ, and buriti oil helps to nourish and moisturize this organ to both protect it and promote more youthful appearance. Buriti oil is also soothing and cooling when applied to the skin, creating a refreshing and relaxing experience. In addition to hydrating your skin and preventing the appearance of premature aging when used in your daily skincare routine, buriti oil...
- Restores the elasticity of the skin to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Protects the skin from free radicals and photo-damage (UV rays)
- Strengthens the membranes of skin cells to keep them healthier for longer
- Rebuilds and moisturizes skin cells
- Fights skin conditions such as rashes, redness, irritation and roughness
This Amazonian superfruit is definitely quite ‘super’! It’s an important ingredient in all of our Rainforest elixirs, and its benefits can be enjoyed when you use our vegan Miracle Shampoo or Conditioner for your hair care. Moisturize your skin from head (and face) to toe thanks to the buriti oil and other wonderful Amazon oils with our Brazilian Glow™ Beauty Butter, a deep skin moisturizer for face & body.
Love yourself, find your joy, share your passion.