Protection from free radicals is an important part of a skincare regimen that will fight aging, since free radicals are the most prominent environmental cause of fine lines and sun damage. The pulp from the açaí palm berry, which is known as the “Beauty Berry”, is rich with free-radical fighting antioxidants - in fact, it’s more antioxidant-rich than strawberries or blueberries. When included as an ingredient in your skincare products or routine, açaí is a powerful free-radical fighter.
Our new Brazilian Açaí Superfruit Scrub is 100% Pure Euterpe Oleracea (the scientific name for the açaí palm) Pulp Powder, and can be used alone with water or added to other ingredients to increase their anti-aging, free-radical-fighting potential. For example, we started offering pure açaí as one of the ingredients you can use in your do-it-yourself RAW mask recipe.
It’s very beneficial to add a scrub to your regular skincare routine, since dirt, oil and dead skin cells can accumulate on the surface of your skin and make it look dull or even flaky. But some scrubs are merely exfoliating treatments and don’t have the free-radical-fighting properties of açaí. This scrub is an effective, yet nice and gentle exfoliant that is also completely biodegradable - none of those tiny plastic beads that are harmful for the environment. It’s also perfect for any skin type, so anyone can use it as part of their skincare regimen to fight aging and free radicals.
How to Use Our Brazilian Açaí Pulp Superfruit Scrub
- Mix about a tablespoon of Brazilian Açaí Superfruit Scrub with water until it is smooth in texture, like a light and creamy paste.
- Apply the mixture to your face and neck area, and let it dry, leaving it on for about 7-10 minutes.
- Remove the scrub by washing it off in lukewarm water, using a circular motion to gently remove all particles.
- Use a larger amount to apply it to your wholebody as a powerful, yet gentle wholebody exfoliating agent.
- If desired, you can turn your RAW DIY Clay Mask recipe into an exfoliating clay mask by adding the Açaí Superfruit Scrub… mix a tablespoon of the scrub with a tablespoon of your choice of clay (green for blemish-prone skin, red for age-defying skin and rose for sensitive skin). Then add 4-5 drops of Copaíba Oil or another essential oil. Follow steps 2 & 3, but you may need to leave the mask on longer until it has dried.
- Use the mask on your hair for a scalp treatment that exfoliates product build up and detoxes hair follicles for healthy sebum production at the roots.
The other amazing benefit of Açaí pulp powder is that it is 100% biodegradable, so no harm to the environment, like micro-beads and other harmful exfoliating agents. In fact, we are proud to say that Açaí is used in its entirety from shell to pulp, to oil and every single bit of it can be used in skincare treatments and products.
Love yourself, find your joy, share your passion.