Natural oils are becoming more popular in the U.S. for skincare uses, from daily moisturizing and nourishing to treatment applications. However, people in other countries and cultures have been using oils for centuries, particularly in the Amazon region.
Why Add an Oil to Your Skincare Routine
A common misconception with oil for skincare is that it will promote clogging of the pores and encourage acne, but the opposite is actually true. In fact, using an oil in your skincare routine will help to moisturize and revitalize your skin, and some oils will actually clear up facial problems and acne. Some of the common benefits of using natural oil in your beauty routine include:
- Multipurpose: Use oils for a daily moisturizer, cuticle treatment, split-end treatment and repair, lip balm, makeup touch-up or remover, massage oil, and skin treatment.
- Nourishing: Oils are packed with essential fatty acids, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. These also help oils be more protective against free radicals, sun and environmental pollutants.
- Effective: Facial oils will moisturize, reduce the visual signs of aging, soothe redness and irritation, minimize breakouts and acne, improve skin appearance, and more. They also are typically more organic and pure, without needing other ingredients to be effective.
[ Related Article: 6 Amazing Benefits of Adding Oil to Your Beauty Routine ]
Why Amazon Oils Make the Best Oils
Oils such as argan oil and coconut oil have become really popular in beauty uses, but South America holds the true bounty of natural oils for skincare. I discovered this when I was traveling with my mother to remote areas in the Amazon, and we realized that local communities had been using oils to treat for their skin and hair for millennia. The results were fantastic, so my mother incorporated oil into our routines long before oils were popular in skin care. In fact, many people (including myself) thought she was crazy!
Amazon oils are so effective because of their high contents of really potent vitamins, minerals antioxidants and omega fatty acids. Some of these oils have the highest natural contents of vitamins like beta-carotene. The Amazon is also home to oils that are known to be the most effective moisturizers or skin treatments in the world, such as cupuaçu.
All Amazonian oils have anti-aging benefits as well, due to their high antioxidant content.
[ Related Article: Copaiba Oil - A Spotlight on One of the most Anti-Inflammatory Substances on Earth ]
Which Oil is Best for Your Skin Type
Although many of the Amazon oils are great for any skin type, there are some that have exceptional anti-aging or treatment benefits thanks to the specific minerals and vitamins they contain…
Raw Vitamin C Maracujá Oil is known as the ‘pure miracle’ oil in Brazil, not only for its many effective uses but also because it is the mildest and most versatile oil for skincare. It’s perfect for beginners who are just getting started with oils, and maracujá is also great for any skin type, from sensitive to mature. Some of the main active vitamins and minerals in maracujá oil are C, A, B vitamins niacin and riboflavin and other antioxidants. These help provide the main benefits and results of adding maracujá oil to your skincare, such as sealing in and balancing moisture, soothing inflamed or itchy skin, treating dryness and resulting in radiant, glowing skin.
Sensitive Skin Copaíba Oil is an exceptional anti-inflammatory and acne-fighting treatment oil that is perfect for blemish-prone skin. Not only does the oil help to heal and treat acne and other skin conditions, but it helps to prevent them from occurring. In fact, copaíba oil is considered to be one of the most anti-inflammatory substances on the planet! It’s very rich in the compound beta-caryophyllene, which is the also one of the same actives found in CBD oil. The oil infuses the skin with its powerful nutrients and minerals, healing scars and stretch marks.
The Rejuvenating Superfruit Power Oil contains both copaíba and pracaxi oils, and since you already know about the wonders of the first, let’s focus on the powerhouse superfruit pracaxi right here. This oil is exceptionally rich in behenic and lignoceric acids, and contains both omega 9 and omega 6 fatty acids to promote firmness, while protecting and hydrating. As a dual combination with copaíba oil, pracaxi helps to regenerate and soften the skin to erase or at least reduce the appearance of stretch marks and fine lines.
Aside from the fact that these are two awesome oils, we mixed them for two reasons:
- Our customers told us that their most common concerns were sensitive/aging skin, so with these oils, we could combat both.
- Pracaxi is an oil that solidifies easily just like coconut oil, so copaíba helps it to keep its liquid form without having to warm it up (which, when done too often will reduce the effectiveness of oils).
[ Related Article: How Pracaxi & Copaíba Oil Effectively Treat & Prevent Blemishes ]
The Brazilian Glow Multi-Tasking Superfruit Elixir Oil has become a cult favorite due to its powerful combination of several Amazon superfood oils:
- Buriti oil for its natural UV ray protection and skin healing capabilities
- Babassu oil for its cooling, soothing and restorative moisturization
- Brazil Nut oil for its powerful moisture and quick-absorption properties
- Maracujá oil for its versatility and many effective treatment abilities
- Rose Hip Seed oil helps to replenish moisture and protect the skin
- Argan Plant Stem Cells help to rejuvenate the deeper layers of the skin to prevent wrinkles and fine lines from appearing.
This is the best oil for someone who looking for a multi-use oil for face, body and hair. It can also be used in many different ways, including as the perfect bath and shower oil, as well as a fine, luxurious moisturizer and massage oil. Use it as an anti-aging serum in the mornings prior to make-up application and at bed time, or use before your foundation as a primer or combine with your favorite facial moisturizer for reduction of fine lines. As a facial oil cleanser and/or make-up remover, massage a couple of drops into your scalp before shampooing for scalp health. Use a couple of drops at the ends of your hair when dry for split ends and shine, massage into your nail beds for stronger nails, or use it on dry/cracked areas (elbows, knees, etc.) throughout the day for healing and repair.
All of these oils together make it an awesome all over moisturizer, help to fight free radicals with antioxidants while nourishing and moisturizing with vitamins and oleic and fatty acids to fully revitalize your skin.
Love yourself, find your joy, share your passion.