We have been featuring this month for its wonderful moisturizing benefits for both hair and skin. This Amazonian superfruit is packed with vitamins and fatty acids, offering more nourishing properties that make skin and hair healthier and rejuvenated! Amazonian murumuru oils and butters have a variety of benefits, which we'll cover in more detail below.
Murumuru Butter Skincare Benefits
- No Greasy Residue: The somewhat waxy consistency of murumuru butter makes it a fantastic ingredient for skincare products such as lotions, body butters and lip balms. It has a very versatile texture, and doesn’t leave behind a greasy or oily residue. This makes murumuru butter a wonderful bronzer as well!
- Calms, Soothes & Locks in Moisture: Murumuru butters have natural anti-inflammatory properties that help to soothe sensitive or irritated skin, sealing the moisture in. These properties also help relieve strained muscles when used as a massage cream.
- Improves Skin Damage & Elasticity: The butter also has excellent anti-aging properties, due to its rich fatty acid and antioxidant contents. Murumuru has a rich quantity of Vitamin A, which helps restore elasticity for aging or damaged skin.
- Protects & Heals: Thanks to its natural anti-bacterial, anti-viral and antiseptic properties, murumuru butter is very effective as a healing ingredient in skincare treatments. It is a wonderful treatment for skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis, in addition to nourishing and healing cracked skin or minor skin injuries such as burns or superficial cuts.
Murumuru Butter Benefits for Hair
- Softens: As a rich emollient for skin and hair, murumuru butter is a wonderful addition to hair conditioners, shampoos and pomades to provide rich moisturization. It softens while locking in moisture, which helps keep your hair shiny and healthy even with frequent shampooing.
- Restores & Strengthens: Murumuru butter restores hair health, treating dry and damaged hair with intense moisturization. It is a natural treatment to improve hair flexibility and strength, protecting against split ends and other damage.
- Deeply Nourishes: Curly hair is especially nourished with murumuru butter treatments. Since it penetrates deeply into each strand and follicle as well as the scalp, both the hairs themselves and the skin of your scalp benefit from the butter’s rich moisturization.
- Lightweight, Non-Greasy Shine: Unlike many other oils and butters, murumuru butter isn’t heavy and will not leave behind any greasy residue. Meanwhile, treating hair with murumuru butter results in smooth, shiny results!
How to Use Murumuru Butter for Hair and Skin
Hair: The best use of murumuru butter for hair is as a post-shampooing treatment. Apply a small amount to wet hair, which will lock in the moisture and act as a permeable sealant, making leave-in conditioner more effective.
Skin: When you use murumuru butter on its own (the butter is used as an ingredient in some skincare products), it’s also most effective when used on slightly damp skin post-showering. Melt a small amount in your hands and apply all over the body, paying particular attention to dry areas like elbows, knees and heels.
Murumuru seed butter is also becoming a more and more popular ingredient in many skin and hair care products. At Teadora, this rich emollient is used to enrich our Beauty Butter to provide rich moisturization and skin rejuvenation that fights the effects of aging, protects skin and hair, and restores elasticity and flexibility with skin and hair.
Love yourself, find your joy, share your passion.