Shea butter has been a long-time leading ingredient in skin care products, but more effective butters are now gaining recognition - such as cupuaçu and murumuru butter - for their moisturizing and rejuvenating properties. Murumuru butter has some particularly notable benefits for hair and skin, surpassing what shea butter offers, with even deeper moisturization and nourishment.
One of the most significant differences between the two butters is their origins. Shea butter is a fat that comes from the nut of the African shea tree, while murumuru butter comes from the seeds that grow on the murumuru palm tree in the Amazonian rainforest of Brazil.
Shea butter is rich with Vitamins A, E, and F, as well as essential fatty acids omega-3 and -9. It also has a natural SPF factor of about 6, and creates a natural barrier on the skin to both protect it and retain moisture. Murumuru butter contains Vitamin C, and also has a high level of Vitamin A and fatty acids, including a high content of beneficial oleic acid.
Shea Butter Benefits
Shea butter is well known for its benefits, including:
- Active moisturization for skin and hair
- Absorbs into the skin (and scalp) quickly
- Natural properties to fight inflammation and protect skin from UV rays
- Treats skin conditions such as irritation, dryness and minor skin injuries as well as eczema
- Prevents wrinkles and eliminates stretch marks
- Restores luster and elasticity for damaged hair
- Maintains moisture to treat dry, brittle hair
Murumuru Butter Benefits
This Brazilian superfruit has some key benefits for both hair and skin:
- Helps retain moisture in both skin and hair when applied
- Keeps hair and skin hydrated
- Highly anti-oxidative, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-allergenic
- Extremely moisturizing and gentle enough for the most sensitive skin
- Absorbs quickly, to the deeper layers of skin
- Restores skin elasticity
- Rich emollient to treat dry and cracked skin, as well as conditions such as psoriasis and eczema
- Restores natural shine and softness of hair, adding gloss
- Improves hair flexibility, making dry or frizzy hair more manageable (particularly beneficial for Afro-ethnic hair care regimens)
- Treats dry or damaged hair
Murumuru butter is an important ingredient in our deeply moisturizing Beauty Butter, which is an excellent daily cream for your body and is gentle enough for facial use as well. It’s recently back in stock!
Love yourself, find your joy, share your passion.