As we age, our skin cells age too and the strength and vitality of these cells begin to fade. It’s a fact of life, but there are ways to delay the effects of aging - by revitalizing and nourishing our skin to look youthful for longer. One of the most effective ways to restore strength and vitality in your skin is to promote collagen rejuvenation to improve your skin’s elasticity. Here is a skincare regimen to help restore elasticity…
1. Use a cleanser with elasticity-boosting ingredients. When you’re trying to restore the strength and vitality of your skin collagen, look for cleansers with ingredients rich with omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamins C and E, and antioxidants. Many of the Amazonian superfruits that we use in Teadora products fit the bill! Our Vegan Skin Cleanser has buriti and cupuaçu, both of which help restore and promote elasticity.
2. Follow up with a professional-grade toner. Immediately after cleansing, lock in the nutrients and hydrate your skin with a really good quality toner, such as our Anti-Pollution Facial Mist, which helps to improve collagen and elastin while helping to reduce fine lines. Toners are richly hydrating for the skin, helping to make skin softer and more flexible, while reducing oiliness and the visibility of pores. Toners also help maintain proper pH levels for your skin after cleansing.
3. Treat your eyes with a specialized gel or serum. Whether it’s age, fatigue, or other reasons, your eye area is likely the most susceptible to fine lines, dark circles, crow’s feet and saggy skin. With consistent use of a good eye gel or serum, you can treat these issues to at least minimize their appearance, if not get rid of them altogether. The best ones to look for have Hyaluronic Acid, Peptide Complex and plant stem cells like Argan, which helps to tighten and tone skin while increasing firmness and density. Our Radiance & Renewal Oil, rich in Amazonian superfruits and Argan plant stem cells, is the perfect face, body, and eye treatment, helping to reduce wrinkles, smooth, and revitalize the skin, hair, and nails. It is an excellent alternative to make-up remover.
4. Moisturize at least twice a day. Moisturization is probably the most important part of any skincare regimen, regardless of whether the goal is restoring elasticity or just hydration. You should finish your skincare routine each morning and night with a good moisturizer. Teadora’s popular Beauty Butter is perfect for this part of your routine; it’s made with elasticity-boosting ingredients such as andiroba, buriti, and cupuaçu, and is rich in Vitamins C and E which also promote the restoration of elasticity.
5. Adjust your nutrition intake for healthier skin. What you eat affects your body’s health from the inside out, and your skin needs some particular nutrients if you’re trying to restore or promote elasticity. First of all, you need ample protein in your diet to nourish the collagen and keratin in your skin cells. Omega-3 fatty acids are also important and your body can’t make it on its own so your diet should include it. Supplementing your diet with vitamins C and E can help reduce the signs of aging and protect against UV rays, and antioxidants help maintain skin health.
You can take your skincare regimen to the next level when you use our Vegan Skin Cleanser and Beauty Butter as part of your daily routine, and supplement it with a good toner and eye serum for best results to improve your skin’s elasticity and youthful glow.
Love yourself, find your joy, share your passion.
Back to Brazilian Beauty Secrets: The Teadora Blog