Just for the Olympic Games 2016, the City of Rio renewed its Port Zone and created attractions that must be included in your itinerary while you are in the land of Cariocas. The Olympic Boulevard is a great meeting point for both cariocas and tourists from all parts of the world.
The Olympic Boulevard at the Port Region is an open air area of Rio, where you have free access. The Boulevard can be reached by public transport - the most accessible is the VLT (or LRV train in English) - you can also go by bus, walking or by bicycle. By car is not the best option since the City encourages the population to be sustainable and use public transport. On the Olympic Boulevard you will see:
- The Olympic Pyre replica;
- Live Sites (big stages for live performances);
- Mockup of City of Rio de Janeiro (a huge mockup of Rio made with construction toys;
- Etnias (Ethnicities) Mural with about 3000 meters square - the biggest graphite wall in the world;
- Itinerant Museum - the history of the Olympic and Paralympic Games, told through objects used by athletes of many generations;
- Food trucks - the best of Brazilian and world gastronomy;
- Night Projection - best Olympic moments shown to the public;
- Hot air ballon that flies over 150 meters above the ground - by official Olympic sponsor;
- Bungee jump - by official Olympic sponsor;
- Inside Out - photo booth truck: your customized poster will be part of a French photographer's amazing public installation.
- And many other official sponsor activities such as stores, exclusive products, technology studios, and interactive experiences.
It's a unique opportunity (we don't know when Rio will be hosting a mega event again) to join us Cariocas in our internationally famous yard during its best performance - renewed and full of interesting attractions!