Birds are chirping, bees are buzzing, and Spring is right around the corner! What a perfect time to reflect on where we’ve been and where we’d like to go in the coming months. If you haven’t heard of Pracaxi Oil (pronounced pra-ca-SHEE) before, now is the perfect time to introduce something new to your routine. Read on for our go-to applications and inspired tips for working with this naturally powerful oil and your hair.
Have you ever heard of Pracaxi oil? What is it?!
- Pracaxi is extracted from the seeds of the tropical Pentaclethra macroloba tree
- This oil has been used medicinally among Caribbean and Brazilian indigenous cultures for hair and skin care
- Pracaxi contains high amounts of behenic acid which can help promote moisture retention and elasticity. It may also provide needed protection to sensitive or damaged skin.
Pracaxi and your hair
- Try incorporating pracaxi oil into your weekly or daily routine!
- If you have thicker hair, try a small amount on your scalp and the ends of your hair. When adding to the scalp, use a very small amount and massage it in to stimulate blood flow. This can also promote hair growth.
- As a fatty oil, Pracaxi is a great moisturizer to fight off flaking dandruff. It works by replacing moisture lost on the scalp during the hair washing process or through environmental exposures.
- Benhenic acid is a fatty acid that protects against environmental damage and pollution
- If you straighten your hair, consider adding some pracaxi to smooth any potential frizz
Make the most of your beauty routine during this transitional period and reinvigorate it with something new! These are just a few uses for Pracaxi oil so don’t be afraid to get creative with how you add in this head-to-toe superfruit. Check back next week for the second post in our series about Pracaxi for skincare!