These Certified B Corps are 'Best for the World' in 2018
B Lab's annual list of top-scoring Certified B Corps is rife with natural products brands.
Deanna Pogorelc | Jun 15, 2018
Each year, B Lab's Best for the World list honors companies that score in the top 10th percentile of all B Corporations on the B Impact Assessment, which evaluates their environmental performance, employee relationships, diversity, involvement in the local community, impact of product or service, and more.
The following natural and organic companies were recognized for their overall score on the assessment across all impact areas for 2018:
- CORE Foods, a nonprofit that makes fresh meal bars and runs a produce-only eatery staffed by formerly incarcerated individuals.
- Organic India, producer of ethically sourced, organic herbal teas and supplements that feature adaptogens and functional herbs.
- Dhana Inc., ethical apparel maker that sources materials from partners that adopt sustainable and fair trade practices.
- Indigenous Designs Corp., a sustainable fashion company that uses organic cotton for its Peruvian-inspired and crafted apparel.
- Native American Natural Foods, most known for the Tanka Bar, uses traditional methods of preparing dried meat from prairie-raised buffalo. Its mission is to provide healthy foods that add to the restoration and preservation of the land.
- Teadora, which uses rainforest ingredients to make vegan and toxic-free personal care products.
- Dr. Bronner’s, a family business with a deep commitment to socially and environmentally responsible body care products.
- Patagonia, maker of outdoor gear and apparel using environmentally friendly fabrics. Patagonia is also an activist brand that devotes time and money to solving the environmental crisis.
- Alter Eco, pioneer of a full-circle approach to sustainable business that includes sourcing from small-scale organic farms to implementing compostable packaging.
- Amavida Coffee and Trading, a wholesale supplier of organic, fair trade coffees and teas.
- Archi’s Acres, a hydroponic farm that grows organic produce and herbs to supply natural food retailers in Southern California.
- Greyston Bakery, a New York bakery that supplies brownies for Ben & Jerry’s ice cream and operates an open hiring policy.
- ChicoBag Company, provider of reusable bags for consumers, retailers and brands.
- Green City Growers, an urban farm company that converts unused spaces into farms.
- People Against Dirty, comprises two brands—method and Ecover—that make planet-friendly cleaning products.
- Rogue Creamery, a USDA dairy dedicated to sustainability, service and the art of creating fine handmade cheese.
- All Good, which has a production facility run on solar power and uses certified organic ingredients to make cruelty-free personal care products.
- W.S. Badger Co., family-owned maker of natural and organic skin and body care that provides benefits like child care and daily organic lunch for its employees.
A full list of honorees, including those with top scores in the specific categories of workers, community, customers, governance and environmental, is available on B Lab’s website.
Back to Press